Brain Activity Monitor (Hb131S)
The Wearable Brain NIRS (Nils) is a sensor that non-invasively measures blood volume changes in the frontal lobe.
Although many researchers have focused on the frontal lobe because of the mental component of blood volume changes, the conventional brain NIRS has not been sufficiently suitable for long-term and stress-free measurement of the mental component due to the pressure on the head of the examinee.
In order to reduce the burden on the subject, the Hb133 and Hb131S have a newly developed ultra-thin NIRS plate attached to the inside of the sun visor. This is a revolutionary device that enables measurement of blood volume changes in the frontal lobe by wearing a sun visor.
Elderly people with dementia and children with developmental disabilities, who had previously been reluctant to wear NIRS sensors, can now wear them without any resistance and easily take measurements.
The measurement algorithm developed by Shizuoka University has been put to practical use by our company, and the quantitative change has been confirmed by simultaneous measurement with PET using oxygen isotopes by the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Sogo University.
- Ultra light weight of only 110 grams including two AAA batteries.
- The sun visor is our original, carefully finished stretch fabric (made in Japan).
- Available in (M/L) and (S/M) sizes to fit any adult head circumference.
- 0.1 second sampling rate can also measure heart rate (app not included)
- Real-time PC display, data saved to PC in CSV file format
- Data saved as CSV files can be evaluated with the included NIRS Data Analysis Program.
|Measurement method||NIRS (Near-infrared Spectroscopy) SRS|
|Light source and detector||2 colors of LED, photodiodes|
|Sensor structure||FPC (Flexible printed circuits)|
|Channels||4 channels (fixed)|
|Data file format||EXCEL-CSV format|
|Sampling rate||0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0 (4CH) (unit: sec)|
|Measurement item (depths)||Regional Saturation of Oxygen (rSO2: %), Oxygenated Hemoglobin (Oxy-Hb), Deoxygenated Hemoglobin (Deoxy-Hb), Total Hemoglobin (Total-Hb)|
|Measurement item (surface)||Regional Saturation of Oxygen (rSO2: %), Oxygenated Hemoglobin (Oxy-Hb), Deoxygenated Hemoglobin (Deoxy-Hb), Total Hemoglobin (Total-Hb)|
|Accelerometer||X, Y, Z (Max.: 2G)|
|Battery||2 AAA batteries (3 V)
Battery life depends on sampling rate.
|Wireless||Zigbee protocol IEEE802.15.4 compliant
Certified in Japan, Taiwan, EU, USA, Canada, etc.
|Software||NIRS data analysis program|
|OS||Windows: Win-XP, -7, -8.1, -10|
|Weight||approx. 110g (including batteries)|
- Accessories: 2 types of sun visors (S/M , M/L), NIRS plate, ZigBee dongle, USB memory stick (instruction manual, program, warranty card), batteries
- The sun visor is a consumable item and can be ordered separately.